1. If something is on sale you're basically saving money by purchasing it. Most specifically when it comes to hand bags, shoes, completely unnecessary jackets, and anything and everything from Von Maur.
2. There's no such thing as over-decorating your house for a holiday.
3. If you don't have the appropriate patterned paper towels, you might as well not have any paper towels at all. There is absolutely no shame in standing in the paper towel aisle at the store for a good twenty minutes trying to figure out which theme of paper towels is best for the occasion.
4. Hoarding schmoarding, that's what basements are for.
5. The best time to get any big task done that you've been putting off is the night before leaving for a vacation. This can include but is not limited to cleaning the laundry room, re-grouting a bathroom, and painting a bedroom. It just makes life a little more exciting is all.
6. Never leave the house without painted toe nails. What if you get in a car accident and God forbid your shoes come off and you have (gasp!) naked toe nails?!
7. When cooking for guests, never buy low-fat anything (especially when it comes to cream cheese!) I don't know why this one has stuck with me, but it has.
8. Never get rid of any article of clothing, you never know when you might want to wear one of your sequin, splatter paint, neon Jazzercise thong leotards again.
9. The diet starts tomorrow. In the meantime, bring on the wine and cheese.
10. Life is supposed to be fun. Do what you love and do it well. I blame my mom for so much of the dreamer syndrome I suffer from. She installed a very false sense of confidence in me from a young age that I haven't been able to get rid of.
So happy birthday, mom! Wish I could be home to celebrate with you but we both know we'll celebrate all week long in Cabo in just a few weeks!