How To Have A Great (Blogger) Halloween
Friday, October 31, 2014
Get the whiteboards ready gals, there's going to be a lot of staged photo opps today.
There's no time to waste, if you want to have the best (documented) Halloween you have to start the minute you get up, so let's just get right into it.
1. Start your morning with a Halloween latte.
Halloween Latte = a latte where the foam art features a black cat wearing a witch hat, riding on a broomstick, outside a pumpkin patch, outside of an apple farm, with a Hocus Pocus movie sitting on the horizon. Or something of the like.
2. Choose from 1 of the 400 Halloween recipes you pinned on to your Spooooooky Treats Pinterest board and stare at it for hours deciding how you're going to make it. I suggest the pretzel sticks covered in almond bark wearing miniature shag blond wigs and zebra jackets, holding a tiny microphone, known as Pretzel Rod Stewarts.
3. Pause for a quick fall tree photo sesh.
4. Burn off those Pinterest calories and head to the gym! Make sure to take a cute selfie of your orange bra top that says "boo" in jewels right across your chest and let everyone know what your Halloween workout playlist consists of.... Monster Mash anyone?
5. Get out the glitter, it's time for crafting fun! Grab those miniature pumpkins you bought at Trader Joes and cover that shit in orange and gold glitter. And then cover everything else in your house in orange and gold glitter. Why not? It's FUN.
6. Pause for a quick fall tree photo sesh.
7. Need a break? Hop in bed for a little rest. And by rest I obviously mean a cute photo of your legs and striped socks on top of your cozy beautiful bedding.
8. Find a baby and dress it in a costume you made by hand. If you can't find a baby grab a dog. Or a pumpkin.
9. Pause for a quick fall tree photo sesh.
10. Grab a big leaf from the ground and turn it into a cool phone cover!
11. Then make a fall smoothie with your Ninja Juicer. Pumpkin seeds included obvi!
12. Fall tree photo sesh. You have to! What if all the leaves are gone tomorrow? WHAT IF?
13. Just about time to put on your costume... Make sure to grab photos of it from all angles before putting it on.
14. Costume reveal!!! Instagram is going to blow up today, I can barely contain myself.
15. Relax into the night with a good pumpkin beer and a good pumpkin candle.
And that my friends, is how you have a great Bloggerween. And yes, all fall tree photos are mine. Because I'm a blogger and I'm proud of it.
I hope everyone has a great Halloween and an even better weekend! I won't be dressing up this year, but if you'd like to see photos of Harlow's costume follow along @taylorgracewolfe. Hint: he goes as the same thing every year... Harbiscuit...
*PS- Huge thanks to everyone who participated in #Blogtober14 with Helene and I. You did it! Woo hoo! And an even bigger thanks to Helene for everything she did for it. Which was pretty much everything.... THANK YOU HELENE!