19 Reasons To Go To Cabo
Sunday, January 18, 2015
A couple of weeks ago I booked a last minute trip to Cabo. My parents are already down there, I found a really cheap flight, and then I found this cute swimsuit at Target so I figured I might as well go.
But before I pressed "confirm" on my flight the list of reasons why I shouldn't go was just swirling in my head, so I decided I should probably make a list of why I should go.
1. Because the winter blues are real. And I've got them.
2. It's a cold dirty mess here right now. And that's just inside my house.
3. I need vitamin D that doesn't come in pill form.
4. I'm out of K-cups.
5. Southwest Airlines just sent me a free in-flight movie. And it expires in February! I can't just waste it.
6. I just got a new razor.
7. My palest of pale winter makeup is too dark for me right now.
8. I've worn long underwear under my jeans for three solid weeks now. No underwear should have the word "long" in front of them.
9. My nose hasn't stopped running since November.
10. It takes 30 minutes just to get layered enough to go outside.
11. I've worn the same ski socks for six days in a row.
12. My cabin fever is getting out of control. I wrote an entire two person play last week. For myself and Harlow to star in.
13. I laid down in the park last week because the sun was actually out and I thought it felt nice. It was only 23 degrees. And that felt nice to me. (That's not right.)
14. I miss this view.
15. I was invited. Well kind of. Technically I invited myself on my parents Cabo trip but whatever.
16. Did I mention I have the winter blues? I've just been so cranky/sad lately and I can't snap out of it.
17. I watched the entire season of Transparent yesterday and cried in every episode. What is wrong with me?
18. Life is short.
19. When you get a chance to go to Cabo with your family for a few days you should take it.
And on that note, I'm off. You'll know I've arrived as soon a I start posting super annoying photos on Instagram of my feet in the sand or holding a Corona with an obnoxious caption like "This sure beats a Tuesday in Chicago."
I'd like to apologize ahead of time for all of my asshole photos that are about to happen. Just know it's a quick trip, I'll be back in the arctic by Friday.