As dutiful bloggers we have one major responsibility in this world, and that’s to write a “what’s in my bag” post. We just have to, it’s blog law.
So it is with great pleasure and heavy eye rolling I bring you a post devoted to the mysterious contents of the inside of my bag. I’d also like to note here that Chris hates my purse, he calls it the blackhole. Whenever I need something from it (most of the time it’s my keys) it takes me at least 45 minutes to find them. I have to get out a shovel and put on goggles because digging through this bag is like going to hell and back. I never know what I’m going to encounter.
I was surprised to see today when I dumped it out it’s actually quite clean! No lip gloss containers that look like they’ve been hanging out at the beach without my knowledge. No gum covered in hair. No super glue. It’s really pretty decent. Take a look for yourself.
Let’s start at the top left corner.
1. Strange silver key chain thing.
I have no idea what this is or why it’s in my purse.
2. Pink planner that I carry around but never use.
There’s a good chance this is a 2013-2014 calendar.
3. Grey gloves.
Is winter really over? IS IT?
4. Scary old makeup that is basically empty, but if I scrape it just right I can get the perfect amount of goopy cover-up (most likely from the early 90s) to cover a blemish or two.
5. New makeup that isn’t as good as it’s ancient cousin so I just carry it as a back up.
6. Earbuds. Obviously.
Can’t risk actually having to talk to a person while I’m out and about.
I get anxiety about tossing any.
8. Ventra card.
It’s how I pay my (bus) driver. Public transportation for the win!
9. Edward Jones pen from Topeka, Kansas.
Keeps me grounded.
10. One stray penny.
In case I see a wishing well.
11. Silver business card holder that is my everything holder because I can’t handle an actual wallet.
Shoutout to Tyeler’s mom for giving the best college graduation gift!
Let’s move back up to the top because I’m getting lost. Are you guys still with me? Good.
12. Cork screw!
I can’t tell you how many times this has come in handy. You never know when you’re going to need to open a bottle of wine.
13. Small white hook.
I can’t tell you how many times this has come in handy. You never know when you’re going to need a small white hook.
14. Gum wrapper.
I haven’t chewed gum in ages.
15. One dollar bill.
Always gotta keep cash on you, you know?
16. Mascara, pepper stray, exfoliator stolen from a hotel I thought was lotion but learned the hard way was definitely not.
I’m a modern woman but I’m also aware I have to always be aware…
17. Nail polish, hand cleaner spray, more stolen hotel lotion, 100 hair ties, a severely broken hair clip, and a pack of sample perfume I took from my mom because I thought it was candy.
A metaphor for my life pretty much.
18. And in the top right corner we have “jokes” written on the back of stray paper. I have folded up joke notes like this everywhere. Never know if one of them contains that golden nugget of an idea.
And that’s my life in a bag- a little bit messy, very much random, and most of it unnecessary. Sounds about right.
What’s your bag life look like?