Below is a list of some of my favorite things to do during the day, maybe you'll enjoy them as well!
1. Go On An Architecture Boat Tour.
The history of the Chicago skyline is more interesting than you might think! See it by boat with a drink in hand and it gets even more interesting. I do this tour at least once every summer and I love it every time.
2. If an architecture boat tour doesn't sound fun to you, rent an electric boat instead and be your own captain as you cruise around the Chicago river. Pack some wine and cheese and this is always a good time.
3. Get out of downtown and head to the Lincoln Park Zoo (it's free!) And when you've had enough of the animal smells walk across the street to Mon Ami Gabi and have some oysters on their great patio.
4. Get your Ferris Bueller on at the Art Institute. I'm usually not cool enough to be an "art museum type of gal" but even I love the Art Institute. I also love their snack bar.
5. Rent a kayak or paddle board. Kayaking down the Chicago river can be a little .... gross at times depending on how dirty the water is, but I usually enjoy it never the less. And paddle boarding in Lake Michigan is always a blast.
*Not my photo, but I bet these cute dads in plaid don't mind me posting them.
6. Go to a baseball game! Cubs or Sox, both are a fun time.
8. Speaking of comedy, let's talk about stand-up... Zanies is Chicago's oldest comedy club. It hosts some of the best comedians from all over the country every weekend.
This post was sponsored by Ford, but all Chicago favorites mentioned are my own. For more Chicago fun, check out this episode of Taste Buds Chicago!
To see where I've been eating lately, check out this post. And more importantly, click here to see my favorite Bloody Mary's in the city.
What's your favorite thing to do in Chicago?