1. First and foremost, I panic about leaving Harlow. I actually get anxiety because I'm NUTS.
Whenever I see those bloggers who get to go on a new vacation every week my first thought is always- but who's watching that dog you love so much??? Which is immediately followed by my thoughts of, I'm also a little jealous of your compensated trips. But more importantly, where is your dog? If I could figure out how to be a travel blogger who brings my dog everywhere my life would be complete. (And my fiance.)
2. I tell Harlow no less than 1,000 times "I'l be RIGHT BACK! I'm coming back. I'll be back. I love you. I'll be back. I love you. It's just a short trip." Over and over and over.
3. I also stock the house with new toys and treats because it helps with my guilt. We have an awesome friend who comes to stay with Harlow who treats like him the princess he his, but my guilt for not taking him is still very much there.
4. And then I go to Target. It's my pre trip ritual.
5. I proceed to buy a lot of junk I don't need. This can included but certainly isn't limited to Starbursts, Rolos, Chex Mix, Fruit Snacks, and every miniature toiletry I can find. So basically I buy snacks and small bottles of hairspray.
6. Then I take great joy in packing my purse. My purse is huge, it's more like a duffel. Simply so it can hold all the snacks.
|Duffel bag on major sale here.|
7. Then it's time to pack the clothes. My least favorite part.
8. I do a fashion show in my head of what I think I'll wear. Which is almost always pointless because usually when I'm on vacation I wear the same thing on repeat because I just want to be comfy, you know?
9. I lay out all of my clothes in a nice pretty pile before sloppily throwing them in my suitcase.
10. The striped tee is just another Target purchase. And I'm packing 100 sweaters because it's fun to leave somewhere cold for somewhere... cold.
11. After packing I go on a crazy cleaning rampage because my mom instilled a weird phobia in me that's it's the worst thing in the world to leave for vacation with a messy house.
12. I declare I'm going to stay up all night getting my house together and finishing all work so I don't have to be tied to my computer in Steamboat.
(except no shorts or fedora...)
|vacation mode sweatshirt.|
13. Then Chris comes home from work and he's already in vacation mode and feeling jolly so he insists we should go out and eat nachos and drink beer rather than do work. And I give in. I always give in.
14. So now it's 6:30 a.m. and I'm scrambling to get everything done and it's my own fault.
15. Also, I announced my St. Patrick's Day shirt last night and you responded. Oh the joy I feel for knowing others enjoy an afternoon Bloody Mary and beer as much as I do. Also, St. Pats is one month from today!
And now I'm off to Steamboat! Chris's parents are bringing their 8 week old puppy, Timber, along... so basically it's going to be an awesome trip. Follow on snapchat @thedailytay if you choose. It will probably just be snaps of me cabin drinking and rubbing my face on the puppy. What's not to love?!