10 Reasons To Be Happy Right Now
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
I have a Trump post sitting in my queue waiting to publish.
But today's not the day. It's too nice outside. The sun is shining. It's going to be 65 which in Chicago basically means 100. And it's National Women's Day. I don't want to talk about Trump on National Women's Day. Of all days, he doesn't get to take up my space today.
Instead I'm going to tell you 10 reasons why I'm happy right now. How does that sound? Slightly annoying? Good.
1. The weather. Obviously. This takes my mood from a 1 to a 10 instantly.
2. I went grocery shopping this morning while hungry. So my fridge is FULL of good food.
3. I bought tulips. They might look a little janky and not quite perfect in my vase because arranging flowers is a skill I have not mastered, but that's okay. I'm a little janky and not at all perfect.
4. I've been writing a lot lately. And it feels good. Which in turn makes my blog content suffer, so I'm sorry about that. I'm itching to write better posts but my energy is going toward some other projects at the moment. When the good vibe writing train rolls though you have no choice but to jump on, it never lasts as long as you hope.
5. Coffee. I finally bought more so I've had a lot of it today.
6. I just bought these shoes and this two-piece ensemble for my friend's wedding festivities coming up in Palm Springs in a few weeks. The shoes appear to be friendly for people like myself who suffer from Fat Ass Feet syndrome. Also, I will not be wearing said two-piece outfit to the wedding, I'm simply excited about it because I'm really into this look right now. But mostly I'm excited about the wedding. Weddings are great, they're even more fun when it's your best friends.
7. I just got a rush order of the Day Drink shirts in! So if you're in Chicago and want one for the shenanigans that will take place on Saturday when the river turns green let me know.
8. Speaking of Saturday.... Chicago is celebrating St. Pats this weekend and things get a little wild around here. Chris and I have a tradition where we start early and end early, usually with a burger at Au Cheval.
9. Watching the videos on Flying Fur Animal Rescue. Do you follow that page? You should.
10. National Women's Day. Think about strong women who inspire you. I do a lot. I love to read about women entrepreneurs, comedians, writers, humanitarians, I love them all. Surround yourself with good thoughts and good people.