For those of you who aren't social media obsessed, Instagram announced a few weeks ago it's going to be making some big changes to the way you see photos in your feed.
It will no longer be the most recent posted photos at the top, but instead will have more to do which photos are the most popular. With that being said, here's a few very important things you need to know about the new changes and furthermore, why it's ESSENTIAL you turn on post notifications for your favorite instagrammers.
This is what I know. If you don't turn on notifications:
1. You will die.
I know this sounds extreme and it's still up for debate whether it's just a rumor, but I've had good sources tell me your head will actually explode if you don't do what everyone is telling you to do.
2. Your dogs will get sick.
Again, sounds weird to me as well, but I'm just telling you what I've heard.
3. You won't get to see 100 bloggers in your feed wearing the colorful tassel purse.
What kind of life is that WHAT?!? And I don't care if everyone has that clutch, I LOVE it. There I said it and I don't regret it. It's sold out everywhere, but you can find a similar here or here.
4. You will miss colorful wall photos.
And no one wants to miss a colorful photo.
5. You might miss donut pics.
Granted you could catch one a few days later, or even from the next blogger on your feed on any given day. BUT STILL. Are you willing to take that risk? ARE YOU?
6. You might lose touch with the people you really care about.
On social media.
7. The amount of bloggers sitting on floors taking photos of their legs will significantly decrease.
I'm just talking to myself here. We all know these are my go-tos.
7. You won't know what nail color is currently in style.
White or off white?
8. You might miss out on flower photos.
And eventually you may just forget what flowers even look like. Again, can you take that risk?
9. Your feed will now only show posts of all the "famous dogs" you follow.
Which actually sounds AWESOME.
10. Life might just go on like normal.... Or maybe it won't.
I guess the joke will be on me tomorrow when it's just my mom and myself liking my pics. Time will tell.
For a real post about the Instagram changes and things you might want to know click here.
*Sorry for being a sarcastic asshole today about this stuff. I had no other choice.