Anyway, today I’m teaming up with the always awesome Kiersten from She Is Fierce to bring you “My Bad Blogger Habits.”
2. Waiting until the night before a post goes live to actually WRITE the post.
3. Saying yes to too much… everything. And then complaining when I’m overwhelmed.
4. Not editing my posts. Like, at all.
5. When it takes me 30 minutes to choose the perfect filter for Instagram. And then I immediately regret it.
6. Getting excited about too much free stuff. And then hating myself when I have all sponsored posts to write in one week…
7. Not paying the slightest bit of attention to Google+ and Facebook – does anyone really even USE them?
8. Not having the slightest idea what SEO means or is.
9. Using my dog to take fashion pics with me.
10. Not knowing how to speak the language that is HTML.
11. Never posting at the same time. (I’ve heard consistently is supposed to be good…)
12. Updating my design constantly – seriously. I just had Whitney from I Wore Yoga Pants to Work do one like two months ago, and I already just had a new one done by Ashley at The Grits Blog.
13. Staying up too late reading other blogs when I should just go to bed already.
14. Buying sponsorship packages pretty much indiscriminately, despite knowing that I should pay more attention to what it is that I’m buying.
15. Trying to pose the perfect photos on Instagram that always end up looking dumb anyway.
16. Resorting to Unsplash for photos rather than going out and taking the photos myself.
17. Scanning the popular posts on Bloglovin and getting annoyed I didn’t write those posts.
18. Saving about a hundred blogging tutorials and tips on Pinterest, and never reading any of them until months later.
19. Starting a TON of posts in draft format, and never finishing them to publish
20. Worrying too much about everything. This is blogging after all. It’s supposed to be fun. I think.
And on that note, I’m skipping town for the next few days to head to cabin up north with some friends, some booze and some dogs. I am so excited. I’ve packed Harlow’s Husker sweater and Bears jersey. It’s going to be a great weekend. Hope yours is as well!