But first a few photos on my iphone from the past few days…
My hair is as dark as it has ever been. The small town Nebraska girl inside of me is screaming for me to die it back platinum blonde. Don’t worry, I’m not going to. But that doesn’t mean the urge isn’t there. I’m kind of liking this whole “dullish ugly no-color” color that’s in style right now. Right, it’s in style isn’t it? Okay cool, my goal is to go an entire year without coloring. So far I’m at six months and clearly killing it.
Harlow and I took a long walk to our favorite fountain in Lincoln Park on Friday night to make sure it still has water in it. As long as water is in the fountains winter isn’t here yet. However after this weekend of forty degree weather I have a feeling the water will be gone soon. And thus my Chicago winter anxiety will set in. Make it stop.
I say this every year, but where did summer go? I feel like it stopped in Chicago for a weekend and that was it.
But anyway, as for that fall pumpkin list of mine… it goes something like this:
1. Buy at least five more light-up pumpkins because the five I already own just aren’t cutting it.
2. Drink one Pumpkin Spice Latte for the season and Instagram it so everyone knows I did it.
3. Find a kid to take to a pumpkin patch.
4. Take that same kid apple picking next to the pumpkin patch.
5. Find a pile of pumpkins to jump in. (With or without new kid-friend.)
6. Drink some spiced mulled pumpkin wine.
7. Carve a pumpkin and make its face look like a pumpkin.
8. Make pumpkin bread.
9. Find a pumpkin costume for Halloween.
10. Turn into a pumpkin.
Note to self: don’t write posts at 1:00 a.m. on a Saturday night. It gets weird…
What’s your fall bucket (or pumpkin) list? Link-up one day, or link-up every day. Blogtober is what you make it, friends! Tomorrow’s prompt is: 10 Things You’d Tell Yourself When You First Started Blogging.
Find all prompts here.