I remember when Jenni (a blogger I really like) did this back in May of 2013. I was incredibly impressed by it and also a little intimidated. More than a year and a half later her challenge has still been on my mind so I figured it’s time to stop just thinking about it and actually do it.
Writing every single day is hard as hell. I know because I’ve tried several times and have failed several times. Yet as an aspiring writer I know it’s something I have to do in order to get better. This challenge seems like the perfect way to commit myself. So bottoms up! Helene and I are officially doing it and we’d love for you to join!
Here’s how it’s going to work. Or at least how we have envisioned it will work. Who knows what will actually happen…
1. First and foremost, do what works best for you and your blog. If you miss a day (or a few) you can pick up right where you left off.
2. Helene and I will have a link-up on both of our blogs for the entire month. (A month long link-up scares me a bit too.) Feel free to drop your link for others to browse if you’d like!
3. We’d love for you to include our button on your sidebar or under your posts if you’re participating. But if buttons aren’t your thing that’s completely fine too.
4. Don’t feel like this ties you down. You can still post about other things every day as well. I’m going to New York for five days in October for my first NYC comedy festival so you know that will come up! And of course there will be posts about Bloody Marys. There will always be posts about Bloody Marys.
5. Use #Blogtober14 when posting on Instagram or Twitter so we can all follow along. You know, if you’re into hashtags I mean.
Below are the prompts we are going to use. Take them for what you want and make them your own.
Day 31. Halloween Costume Reveal
So there you have it. You’ve officially been invited to join Blogtober14. You now have basically 25 days to think about it. It’s safe to say Helene and I were both really excited to announce this and couldn’t hold it in any longer. So are you in? We hope so.
And on that note, hope everyone has a great weekend!